October 22, 2018
Garlic Soya Chicken Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Delicious chicken chunks tossed in sticky soy sauce with garlic, bell peppers and snow peas.
Ingredients Of Garlic Soya Chicken
- 450 Gram Chicken Thigh/Breast (cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thin strips)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil (toasted)
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper (finely ground)
- 1 tsp Ginger Juice
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Oil or Vegetable oil (divided)
- 5-6 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion , chopped
- A handful Snow Peas (trimmed)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (cut into thin strips)
- For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese Rice Wine
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornflour
How to Make Garlic Soya Chicken
- 1.In a large bowl, toss chicken strips with toasted sesame oil and white pepper. Marinate for 10-15 minutes. Keep aside.
- 2.In a small bowl, stir together rice vinegar, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- 3.Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces, spreading it out as much as possible.
- 4.Sear for 1 minute without stirring until the edges are lightly browned, then stir to cook all sides until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes more. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- 5.Reheat the same wok, Put in another tablespoon of oil, add in garlic, ginger, and red chili flakes. Stir-fry over low heat for about 10-15 seconds, or until aromatic, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- 6.Turn up the heat to high, add in snow peas and red onion, and stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- 7.Add in red bell pepper, and cook for one minute – making sure to stir and toss the ingredients well.
- 8.When the vegetables are bright and almost crisp-tender, stir in the cooked chicken.
- 9.Take the prepared sauce, give it a stir, and quickly pour it into the wok, cooking until the sauce thickens.
- 10.Add in one or two tablespoon of water if needed, toss well, and cook for a further 30 seconds or the mixture is hot and bubbly.
- 11.Turn heat off, and transfer to a serving plate.
- 12.Serve hot with steamed rice.